Zoë François making pizza | the vanilla bean blog
Zoë François making pizza | the vanilla bean blog
Zoë François making pizza | the vanilla bean blog
Zoë François making pizza | the vanilla bean blog
Zoë François making pizza | the vanilla bean blog
Zoë François making pizza | the vanilla bean blog

This weekend I went to Zoë’s house for a little pizza party. Erin from Naturally Ella and Alex and Sonja from A Couple Cooks were in town, and so a few of us got together to bake and eat. It was a lovely afternoon, and I never imagined I would meet so many food blogger friends over the years here in Minneapolis. (The Faux Martha and Girl Verses Dough were there, too, pictured after the jump.)

Zoë's house | the vanilla bean blog
Zoë François|the vanilla bean blog
Zoë's house | the vanilla bean blog
Zoë's house | the vanilla bean blog
Zoë's house | the vanilla bean blog
Zoë's house | the vanilla bean blog
Zoë house | the vanilla bean blog
Zoë's house | the vanilla bean blog
Zoë's house | the vanilla bean blog
Zoë's house | the vanilla bean blog

In addition to our lovely get-together, Ms. Zoë made me the prettiest little birthday cake (pictured above) and surprised us with gifts that the kind folks at Emile Henry, Red Star Yeast, and General Mills sent over for us (I’ve been eyeing this bread cloche for years; I can’t believe I got to go home with it). It was so generous.

Recipe links:

Bread in 5 Olive Oil Pizza Dough

White Pizza with Pecornio, Scallions, and Eggs by A Couple Cooks

Devil’s Food Cake with Buttercream by Zoë Bakes

40 Responses to zoë’s house

1. So Beautiful! All these culinary genius in one place? No wonder you had such a lovely day. I would of love to have heard the conversation you would of had at that table and eating that cake!

2. Kathryn says:

What a wonderful + inspiring bunch of women (and a man!) in one place. I love the way your photographs really capture people’s spirits too; I feel like I’m there with you.

3. What a wonderful day you must have had! Lovely folks and great food – could one ask for more? These pictures make me feel like I was chatting and baking with you that very afternoon. Thanks for sharing. Oh and happy birthday, Sarah!!

4. These pictures!! Sarah. SO GOOD. Looks like a blast with some wonderful people. : )

5. What a lovely collection of people and recipes! And happy birthday to you!

6. Isabelle says:

This looks awesome. Such fun to do this together with others. And that birthday cake! (Happy birthday, by the way 🙂

7. Ashley says:

Oh my word! Beautiful! And highly jealous of your pizza hangout! <3

8. cynthia says:

So much inspiration in one place! This gathering looks magical, and your photos are stunning. I second Kathryn — love your captures, Sarah!

9. cynthia says:

Ahh and P.S. Happy birthday!!!

10. Looks like a fabulous pizza party! So much culinary genius in one place!

11. So lovely to finally meet you, Sarah! I hope we can make these hangouts a regular thing. 🙂

12. I might have been stalking everyone’s photos on instagram over the weekend! Haha! It sounds like it was an amazing time. Love, love these photographs.

Happy Birthday Sarah!!

13. Tieghan says:

What and incredible and fun day! Such pretty and fun photos!

14. Amanda Paa says:

what a fun day with such talented folk! sometimes i pinch myself when i see all the talent in this beautiful food world, both local and everywhere across the world. love the moments these photos captured.

15. Man that sounds like my perfect kinda day! Love!

16. What a wonderful way to spend the day! It’s so much fun meeting other bloggers in real life, and when you get to share that experience over homemade pizza? The best!

17. Lindsey says:

your photos, sarah! they have such a way of capturing the moment. looks like a perfectly lovely way to spend a day with such lovely people!

good wishes to you for a wonderful birthday! xo

18. stephanie says:

happiest of birthdays sarah! it looks like a dreamy kind of afternoon filled with all of my favourite things and even some of my favourite people! this post totally brought a smile to my face 🙂

19. LOVE this! New reader, here, and loving all of your beautiful photos and inspirational recipes! You’ve got me hooked! (especially with those baked eggs topping that ‘za…!)

20. such beautiful food! what a lovely gathering! 🙂

21. Samantha says:

WOW all this food looks so crazy amazing!! Hope you had a great time!

22. […] the Bread in 5 books). She prepared the dough and we brought the toppings. In addition, she baked Sarah a lovely devil’s food (birthday) cake with buttercream frosting and Stephanie whipped up a […]

23. Dani says:

Oooo so many blog idols 🙂
    Your photo’s look great too, I love pizza nights! Nothing beats great food and great company to share it with 🙂

24. What a fun day! Love all of these photos…and all of these talented bloggers! 🙂

25. Kasey says:

What a gorgeous group of lovely people!! I can feel the warmth 🙂

26. Sandy @ RE says:

Love pictures with hands! Looks like an amazing day .. so much love!

27. Happy, happy birthday albeit belated. What a memorable way to celebrate, with sweet friends and sweeter eats (pizza!). Love your pics as always.

28. kristie says:

Wow, you guys made some beautiful, delicious looking food! Especially that pizza with he two eggs.

29. Nicole B. says:

Sounds like such a fun get together and the food looks amazing! That pizza crust needs to be in my mouth now! I totally failed the last time I attempted homemade pizza.

30. Abby says:

happy belated birthday, sarah! utterly lovely photos 🙂

31. erin says:

That egg pizza looks amazing! What kind of pizza stone did you use, I’m am looking for a new one as mine just cracked.

• Sarah says:

Zoe had a Baking Steel- and she loves it. The brand name is actually Baking Steel, and it is supposed to heat better than a stone, and it won’t crack like stones tend to do.

32. Oh does this gathering look like fun!!

33. Sonja says:

These photos are gorgeous, Sarah! This was the best day, really. I can’t wait to do it again! I’m only sad because we were so busy cooking I barely got a chance to catch up with you, I feel! 🙂 PS Why do I look so sad in that picture?

34. How energizing to be share time with such a common interest/profession. I know when I am with like minded people I come away jazzed and inspired. New ideas percolating like crazy.

35. PassTheKnife says:

Sounds like it was a lovely gathering, all of the recipes look amazing too!

36. Such a lovely gathering… and you captured the mood so beautifully by your photos! Happy, happy birthday 🙂

37. Sacha says:

What a nice time! It’s awesome that you guys hang out in real life doing what you love best.

38. Chaya says:

so much talent in one place! love this. it must have been a wonderful day.